GI 2016 Registration
Applications for Invitations into the 16th Annual Greystone Invitational are now closed. We will begin taking Applications on Monday, April 11, 2016 for the Qualifier to be held on Saturday, June 18, 2016. Check back here for a link to that application.
- All entrants are required to Create a GI Player Profile or update a previous GI Player Profile. (if you have forgotten your previous GI Player Profile information, please contact Tournament Chairman, Dale Gorham).
- By completing a GI Player Profile, you are automatically placed within the GI 2016 Pool of players and your resume will be considered for an Invitation.
- Once you have received your Invitation, please log back in and complete the GI 2016 Registration Form and submit your payment. Payments for entry fees must be received at time of registration to reserve your spot in the field.
- No registrations will be accepted after 5:00 P.M., on the Monday before the Greystone Invitational begins.
- An entry fee in the amount of $300.00, payable by credit card during online registration (except for Member Charges) must accompany the entry Registration.
- Email confirmations will be sent for applications and registrations submitted online and every applicant will be notified via email or phone about the status of their registration or application for an invitation.
- In the event the field has to be pared due to over-subscription (see Format above); applicants will be notified of the status of their entry no later than the Monday of Tournament Week.
- If the entry is rejected for any reason(s), you will be immediately advised of the reason(s), at which time you can correct the problem(s) and re-submit the application form.
- PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT NO ENTRY IS FORMALLY ACCEPTED UNTIL THE ENTRY FEE HAS BEEN PAID and PROCESSED BY THE GREYSTONE TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE AND YOU HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED A TEE TIME.
Please click on the Gi 2016 Registration link within your emailed Invitation to pay online with your credit card and answer some additional logistical questions concerning housing, travel companions and requested tee times. After completing the GI 2016 Registration Form and submitting your payment, you will receive two more email confirmations, one from the Tournament Committee and one from Authorize.Net, our credit card processor to confirm your payment.
Tentative Tee Times will be posted on our website by June 1, 2016 and they will be subject to change. We will make every effort to accommodate your requests as we have in the past.
Withdrawals and Refund of Entry Fee
- If withdrawal is required due to injury or an unforeseen schedule conflict, it must be done 30 days before the start of the tournament. Please email the GI Committee using the Contact Us form to let us know as soon as possible.
- After tee times are announced on June 1 2016, there will be a 50% refund of the tournament fee.
- There is no refund if a withdrawal is made within 14 days of the tournament date. However, credit for future events may be granted at the approval of the Tournament Committee, Director of Golf and Tournament Chairman.
Greystone Golf and Country Club extends practice privileges to eligible players. Starting times MUST be obtained from the golf shop (205-986-5126).
The Greystone Invitational Tournament Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions and schedules herein. The decision of the Greystone Invitational Committee in any matter shall be final.
- The Invitational will be conducted on 72 holes of Stroke Play, 18 holes daily on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
- Field is limited to 132 players.
- There will be cut after 36 holes to the low 60 players and ties.
- In the event of a tie, or ties, for first place position, a "Sudden Death" play-off for that position(s) will commence immediately following the conclusion of the stroke-play portion of the Invitational, or as early as practicable. The players are required to continue play Hole #18, or as determined by the Committee, for as many holes as are required to decide a winner. In this case the stipulated round is deemed to extend to the number of holes needed to decide the Tournament.
Greystone Golf & Country Club is honored to have you as a guest here during the Greystone Invitational. We want you to have a premier golfing experience while enjoying a rewarding, yet challenging competition. Accordingly, we ask that you conduct yourself appropriately while a guest and take responsibility in the same regard for anyone accompanying you. Please be aware that any complaints or questions about any aspet of the Greystone Invitational should be directed to the GI Tournament Director or Founders Head Golf Professional and not the club staff. Thank you for your consideration of all the above.
Greystone is a spikeless golf course.
The dress code during the Greystone Invitational will be strictly enforced. Jeans are NOT permitted and shorts MUST be “Bermuda” length, or mid-thigh. No shorts approximating “tennis” length will be tolerated and this includes cut-offs, tennis shorts, bathing suits, etc. Shirts must have collars. Any player not meeting these standards will be asked to remedy this situation prior to play.
If you have any doubts as to what dress will be accepted, please ask prior to beginning play.
- Due to players coming from a wide geographical area, we are constantly reviewing and accepting applications.
- Entries are open to male, amateur golfers, who are:
- 18 years of age, or,
- Junior Golfers (<18) with approval of the committee, or,
- Members of a college golf team, or,
- Maintain a handicap of -6.0 or lower and,
- Dress and act in a manor fitting a premier country club environment.
- The Tournament Committee will NOT consider those players, who in the past, have a history of WD without injury, No Carding, or abuse of Greystone Tournament or Club staff.
- We strive to have a strong mix of non-exempt and exempt players, from a wide geographic and age range, to play a well prepared championship golf course.
- Greystone Members may also apply through normal channels.
When submitting your GI Player Profile, applicants must agree to the following stipulations:
- I agree that Greystone Golf and Country Club has the right to reject, or withdraw, any entry at any time, to include during play of the Championship.
- I am an amateur golfers and understand the "Rules of Amateur Status" as established by the United States Golf Association.
- I, the participant in this Championship, assume full responsibility for all of my acts, whether they be negligent or otherwise, and hold harmless Greystone Golf and Country Club any Staff, Member, or Volunteer, for any injury(ies).
Greystone Invitational Trophies will be presented to the Champion and Runner-up(s) and to the Mid-Am Champion.. The overall Champion will also have his name engraved on the permanent trophy housed at the Greystone Golf & Country Club. In addition, Pro Shop credit will be awarded to the Top 20 finalists and to the low Top 5 Mid-Am finishers. A daily Medalist Prize of a Waterman Pen will be given each day to the low round of the day. In the event of a tie for the daily medalist, a score card playoff beginning at Hole # 18 will break the tie. All eagles will receive a prize of a dozen Titliest golf balls.
Caddies and Carts
Golf carts are REQUIRED for Tournament Days and are available to those contestants who have a valid driver's license. The Cart Fees are included in your tournament fee. Carts fees will be the same for each player, even if circumstances are such that a player is left to ride by himself.
Golf carts are not required for Practice Rounds. Carts are available for Practice Rounds for $20 per person.
No caddies are available at Greystone Golf and Country Club. It is permissible to bring caddies and any player who does so is solely responsible for his/her conduct. Contestants are required to have a cart, due to pace of play as well as a method to deal with the extreme heat. However, either the player OR the caddie may ride in the cart but not both.
Users must obey the cart operations rules established by the host club, to include the allowance of spectator carts. Cart signs will identify your cart.
Spectator carts will be available on Friday and Saturday only - Standard vehicle operations requirements apply.