Greystone Invitational 2016 Summary
Tournament Dates - Wednesday, June 22 - Saturday, June 25, 2016
Applications for invitations into the 2016 Greystone Invitational are now closed.
- 72 Hole Stroke Play
- 36 Hole Cut to low 60+ Ties
- Prizes for All Eagles
- Low Gross Division Winners (Top 20) & Mid Am (30+) Winners (Top 5)
- 132 player Field
- Daily Medalist Prize(s) - Waterman Pen
- Complimentary Full Breakfast and Lunch on Tournament Days
- Complimentary Range Balls and onsite extras
- Dinner Party Thursday Night with Floating Green Pitching Contest
- 3-Somes - 10 minute Tee Times
- Complimentary on Course Drinks
- Live Hole-by-Hole Scoring
- Carts are Required for Tournament Days (Not required for Practice Rounds. Carts are available for Practice Rounds for $20 per person)
- $300.00 (Cart Included for Tournament Days) via Credit Card or Greystone Member Charge
- Points toward rankings!
- GI 2016 Qualifier will be held on Saturday, June 18, 2016 on the Founders Course with tee times beginning at 12:00 Noon. Entry fee for the Qualifier will be $100 which includes green fee and cart fee. If you qualify, your $100 will go toward the $300 entry fee for the Invitational.
GI 2016 is continuing our two-step application process to assist the GI Committee in selecting a quality field. All potential contestants will be required to create an online GI Player Profile with a username and password combination that will be used going forward to streamline the application process. If you created a profile in previous years, you should also be able to login to your profile and update your personal information and resume.
Players selected to receive Invitations will be emailed a link to the GI 2016 Registration form to pay and complete their entry into the GI Field and answer a few questions about housing needs, traveling companions, preferred tee times and any additional comments or questions. We appreciate your assistance with our registration process.
The 15th Annual Greystone Invitational was contested June 23-27, 2015 on the Founders Course at Greystone Golf & Country Club.
Our defending Champion is William Gordon from Davidson, NC who is a member of the Vanderbilt University Golf Team. In 2015, William dominated the field with a 13-under par score of 275 (64-70-71-70). William's nearest competitors were Runner-Ups Anthony Quayle (69-74-69-70) from the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia and Birmingham's ownRobby Prater (70-70-71-71), a Junior on the University of Alabama's golf team who both finished at 6-under par 282.
Our 2015 Mid-Am winner was 2008 GI Champion and 5-Time GI Mid-Am Champ, Woodie Eubanks. Woodie finished at 3-over par, 291, with scores of 73-74-72-72. The best Greystone Golf & CC Member finish went to Chris Jones, reigning Greystone Club Champion, who finished in a tie for 29th at 7-over par, 296, with scores of 70-74-73-79.
Only 8 players managed to finish under par on the beautiful, yet challenging, Founders Course. With putting surfaces stimping the entire week in the 13-14 range coupled with U.S. Open rough, GI 2015 provided an excellent opportunity to test out the newly redesigned green complexes under tournament competition. Many of our returning players commented on how well they liked the new changes to the Founders Course.
This 2015 field of 148 players was one of our strongest ever with golfers participating from over 12 countries and 22 states! Our International contingence featured golfers from Australia, Canada, Colombia, Jamaica, Iceland, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, South Africa, South Korea and the United States.
Click History to read more about our Past Champions!